Cornerstone Farms - Our Babiegirl

We purchased a Miniature Schnauzer from Cornerstone Farms in 2011 soon after our beloved one passed away living 14 years. She has been healthy, happy and loving ever since she flew from MO to Virginia.

She has been a joy to us and hopes she lives a long life. She is playful, house trained, protective and understands commands as if she were human. Our babiegirl, as her daddie calls her knows exactly when we come home. She loves taking walks, taking leads and as small as she is she thinks she owns the streets.

She is not afraid of big dogs. When it snows, she's the first one to want to go outside and play in it. The sun is also her favorite thing to bathed in. She sits on the ground and howls at it for comfort.

All in all, we are truly happy we purchased her from Cornerstone Farms and would recommend it to anyone wanting to pay the price.

The pics of her (Button) is her at four months and now at seven years old. We love her to pieces and we know she loves us unconditional.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 30.

Cornerstone Farms - Perfect Puppies

4.3

We have purchased two perfect cavapoos from the Ritter family. Both healthy, happy, and easily trained.

These are the two most loving little pups on earth.

One of the Ritter daughters even called on the day they were flying our first puppy to us - to let us know that she was extra tiny (less than 2 lbs.) and she would need some extra nutrients after her flight..

so we purchased the recommended Nutri-cal.. they seemed very concerned about the well being of the pup they were shipping.

I’m not sure what other folks are experiencing with Cornerstone Farms - but our family could not be more pleased with our puppies.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cornerstone Farms Cavapoo Dog.

I liked: Puppies.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 08.

Cornerstone Farms - So happy

4.8
Additional Fees

I got my puppy one year ago as of yesterday and have ran into no issues at all. She’s loving and sweet and healthy!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cornerstone Farms Dog.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 18.

Cornerstone Farms - Excellent! Couldn't be happier!

Additional Fees

We got our Lizzy from cornerstone farms two years ago. She was an 8 wk morkie.

Our vet said numerous times that she was the "healthiest" "cleanest" and "best vaccinated" puppy she had ever seen! Lizzy is an exemplary dog! Amazing with my three children! She came to us partially kennel trained at 8 weeks!

We will definitly adopt from cornerstone again. Lizzy is a wondeful healthy dog and was a super easy going and well acclameated puppy.

She definitly learned what true love was from the Ritters! Thank you Ritter family!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cornerstone Farms Morkie Dog.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 07.

Cornerstone Farms - Worst puppy mill!

1.4
Additional Fees

Awful experience with a sick dog! I purchased another one from a women named rikki barker and it was a happy healthy pup.

Save yourself the heartache,time,money and energy and order elsewhere.

Had I known this was an awful muppy mill and cult like people running it I would have ran for the hills. 6 years later I can still remember the feeling of watching my dog suffer and not be able to stand,eat,drink and urinate.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cornerstone Farms Pomeranian Dog.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 25, 2017.

Cornerstone Farms - Cornerstone Farm

Update by user Jul 31, 2017

No issues.

Original review posted by user Jul 31, 2017

We bought a puppy from the Ritter family. Had a great time communicating and purchasing our puppy.

He is the sweetest, healthiest dog! We couldn't be happier with him. He arrived healthy and loving. He showed no signs of illness or neglect.

In fact, he was very well adjusted and easy to train. He seemed to have been treated well! Every time I've emailed or contacted them, they reply in a timely manner. We have had no issues with this breeder and are planning on purchasing again soon.

We've had our healthy dog for eight years.

He's truly a part of our family. I wanted to put out our positive experience with this breeder.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cornerstone Farms Maltipoo Dog.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 31, 2017.

Experience with Cornerstone Farms

5.0

I own two of the most wonderful ***-a-poos that I bought from Cornerstone Farms. Both dogs are beautiful and very healthy.

I have had no trouble with any health issues with them. They were healthy the day they arrived. They both came with a health record, a chip to identify them already placed and up-to-date shots. People stop to comment on how beautiful our dogs are.

They have unique markings. We walk our dogs in the woods and they always stay with us. We go for a weeks vacation in the Adirondacks with them. They swim, ride in the canoe and hike with us.

They are members of our family. If there is anything I would change, it is hard to reach them sometimes, but they are running a farm so it is understandable. They do return calls.

My next dog will also be a Cornerstone Farm dog. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cornerstone Farms Cockapoo Dog.

I liked: Puppy pictures.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 25, 2017.

Cornerstone Farms - Dishonest Breeder

1711 IL-4, St Jacob, IL 62281, USA
Additional Fees

My experience with the Ritter Family was very alarming because they proclaim to be Christians all over their site. But Jesus would not lie.

His followers don't lie and deceive. She sweet talks you into getting her puppy but then when something's wrong she bites like a rabied dog.

All the while proclaiming that your not treating her like a Christian. What a big hypocrite.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 19, 2017.

Cornerstone Farms - Fair Judgement

Yes it is a battle. Because while they may be bad breeders in the business.

That doesn't make all breeders bad. MO has some of the strictest standards in the nation. Their standards far surpass the USDA Regulations. Look them up.

You'll be amazed at the requirements. Dogs must have water at all times. Clean bowls and dishes. Clean dog houses with two forms of bedding in winter an extra large pen based on size and exercise.

They have great standards. Most breeders live in the country because you can't have facilities in the city. I believe they should show pics of the parents. But you obviously don't understand disease prevention and Bio Security measures.

Puppies aren't covered completely by vaccinations until the third vaccine and 80 percent after the second. Parvo and strep and flu are prevalent and spread on shoes. When the parents get them via contact with outsiders it can spread to all the puppies and dogs with heavy loss. So until you truly understand the risks of letting everyone Pet your dogs who have probably been petting other dogs at other places and Dog breeding you should refrain from speaking facts you know little of.

The HSUS facilities and shelters are the real puppymills. They want to make it where the public can only purchase from their profiting business. So they put breeders down.

In every profession in America you have your Ritter's. That doesn't mean that everyone in that profession should be shut down.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 19, 2017.

Comments

I'm amazed at your presumption that the Ritter family is the black eye of breeders in Mo. if you remove the hype posted by the HSUS and the guys in here calling microchips alien implants and crazy accusations to the likeness.

They are not without fault and never claimed to be. But I can tell you that pics are given of parents any time they are asked for. Many times they are already on the website for viewing. If the Ritter's were as bad as the blasphemy and lies claim they would be closed for the exact reasons you gave.

They are USDA certified, they are STATE LICENSED, they are still around because contrary to opinion they really don't have that many issues with their kennel. They have the same challenges and issues as most other kennels. The state has a "blue ribbon" program for

Kennels who have no problems or violations. Out of the 250 Mo breeders there are 5 who qualify and it's because they have very small kennels.

So NO ONE with an ample size kennel is free from problems. When three large hate groups focus on a single breeder there tends to be a spotlight

Cornerstone Farms - Would not buy from Cornerstone Again

Curryville, Missouri

Bought a 11 week old Aussiedoodle from Cornerstone about 2 weeks ago and paid $850 for the puppy. Within less than a week of having it, I have spent over $1300 on vet bills.

Puppy had fleas, okay not a big deal, that can happen, but still had to treat him for fleas.

Then the puppy stopped playing and eating, and I find out it has round worms and hook worms so bad it had to stay in the hospital for over 36 hours getting treated. The vet says there is no way, the puppy got so infested with worms in the short time we had him, it had to have worms when you got it.

Cornerstone is saying now we should have took him only to Webster Groves Animal hospital, because they have a contract with them. We took him to Veterinary Specialist Services because they are closer and we know of the care they give. When it is 3 am in the morning and your puppy is sick, you take him to the closest place you trust.

Will Cornerstone refund us any money, well so far they are will to give us $50. I doubt I get anything, but who knows.

If you think I am alone in complaining about Cornerstone Farms, just go to Google and type in Cornerstone dog breeder. Look at the reviews on Yelp, heck, Fox news did a report on them and it was not favorable.

No breeder is perfect but I have my worries about ones who have so many complaints. I should have done my homework better and researched Cornerstone before I bought. At least the puppy is healthy now and my daughter is happy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cornerstone Farms Aussiedoodle Dog.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 08, 2016.

Comments

Save yourself the time,heartache,and energy. Look elsewhere!

Very nice people at first but the dog I recieved was in critical condition.

Vet bills were outragous and I had to watch my dog suffer! If you have to purchase from a puppy mill, pick another!

I find it hilarious that "anonymous" people always cry puppymill. Secondly I challenge you to provide documentation via lab results that your dog had parasites (which is what your vet would have called them) that badly.

We do fecal exams on ALL our dogs before they go home. You're correct that no ones perfect. Equally we have never claimed to be. But my family operates a respectable kennel.

Lord knows if it's in the news or on the internet it must be the truth right? Reporters NEVER focus on the side of the story that will bring in ratings. They ALWAYS tell the truth. That's why the fox reporter you mentioned has been arrested and had his integrity called into question before...but you won't mention that because it doesn't support your story.

As far as your yelp claim stands lol that's a complete joke.

There are over 40 reviews on that site and there are three times as many good reviews as there are poor ones and several of the poor reviews are from people who are knowingly employed by the HSUS or n animal protection agency. We appreciate any and all input when it's based on factually sound information.

I got my Cavapoo from the corner stone farms as well. The first day he arrived to my place, he couldn't stand up on his own.

My vet said he might not survive. He was at ICU for a day. He didn't eat at all and he weighted barely 1lb... I took a few days off from work and made sure he finish his each meal.

It was so painful to see my boy being so weak.. vet bill was big too! But I didn't get anything back from the cornerstone. It's disappointing that their focus is just money and they really don't care abt puppies.

It's good to know that they are marked as puppy mills now. I wish I knew abt it sooner!

to Anonymous #1395948

Im sorry! Same experience! Horrible feeling to go through!

Belleville, Michigan, United States #1299858

I like to say that I got a dog from them and I am enjoying him! He was healthy and no fleas! And the Ritter's are great

people.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1267389

Why are you supporting this obvious puppy mill? These people are known as terrible breeders who mistreat their animals and leave them in poor conditions.

There have been news features on them as well as social media shares. Shame on any of you for buying pets when there are plenty to adopt.

Hagarstown, Illinois, United States #1242291

I am happy to respond to your post as I too purchase a pet from cornerstone farms. I actually have two loved ones from this breeder and in the four years I have known this breeder I have had no problems nor have the people whom I referred to them.

Im not saying you are being dishonest, but I do know that both those worms are typically transferred from mother to puppy or from puppy to puppy in litters. Something of the severity which you are saying I would think would have been caught by their vet which I know from my purchases is done just before coming home. I dont have really have an answer for you but you mentioned Yelp?

Thats a great place to look as long as you look at all the pages not just the first. Pages 2,3 and 4 are nothing but good reviews.....just saying.

to Anonymous Cleveland, Ohio, United States #1265892

It's super weird that your writing style and sentence structure are SO similar to the person that responds to the business' yelp reviews! Especially since you seem so intimately familiar with their Yelp page.

to Anonymous #1395951

Jason brown, I have your messages. You used to live with the ritter family correct?

to Anonymous #1395953

You hit the nail on the head! Too bad I cant upload screen shots on this website.

Jason wrote me years ago. He IS the ritter family and problably the anonymous too.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1238328

People are so dumb. So you seriously bought a puppy from a farm/breeder without getting a vet check first? 101 people.

to Anonymous #1395954

Irony. This is the worlds TOP 101 worst puppy mills. Debra and tom ritter.

View more comments